According the ISO 50002 standard, an energy audit is a systematic analysis of energy use and consumption within a define audit scope. This is done in order to identify, quantify and report on the opportunities for improved energy performance. Therefore, an energy audit is an assessment that analyses energy flows in a building, process or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system whilst maintaining or improving human comfort, health and safety. The level of detail of this evaluation determines the type of audit.
- 1)A high level Building energy consumption profile
- 2)Energy Saving opportunities
- 3)A preliminary financial valuation associated to CAPEX and OPEX
- 1)Around the clock monitoring, which, highlight the important areas for improvement
- 2)An in- Depth technical design of the proposed solutions
- 3)An in-depth financial proposal of solutions, which includes the profitability of
implementing said solutions.(These include ROI and the simple payback period)